Thursday 2 April 2015

B is for book


Give me a good book and leave me alone .. we'll see you next day..lol ..
If I have a good book in my hands, I can read it 24 hours straight in a row.
I have done that when I was young. Forgot to eat and sleep.


Books have always been a part of my life. Since I was 6 years old and learned to read and took in  secret over  my brother's books, he, who is 13 months older, not a year ... 13 months .. incredibly important to him ... as if that means two years ... lol .. When he discovered it, he was very  angry at me. lol
Why I don't understand, he didn't read a single one of them ... I think it has something to do with 13 months to make ..lol ...


I have read many good books, which have left their traces in my soul.
I can not mention all here but I do want to mention one that I just loved to read and that I highly recommend: "Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Allbom."



Morrie Schwartz was Mitch Allboms favourite professor, his mentor and friend. On graduation day Mitch promises to keep in touch but it will take twenty years before he actually does. By chance he sees his old sociology professor on television; Morrie has suffered a nervous disorder that slowly paralyses his body but not his brilliant mind and not his desire to live life to the fullest.
Mitch decides to visit Morrie every Tuesday - just like during the study years. They talk about love, marriage, feelings, forgiveness, loss and death. Their re-born friendship turns in a last lecture full of wisdom and experience, a lesson in the art of living.

"This book is an act of love, a joint such from the two men, the professor and his student. They take up messages with an ease that only the really difficult can master. Above all, give it confidence and a great joy." (Västerbotten Folkblad)